If you aren’t aware of how Witch Hazel is a natural treat for your skin let me share with you the many ways you can use this inexpensive natural product as a home remedy.
1. Use as a facial toner. It will refine pores, tone and tighten the skin naturally. Easily apply with a cotton ball daily after you wash your face. Most toners main ingredient is witch hazel by using witch hazel alone you get the same benefits without the added chemicals.
2. Acne & blemish control. Witch Hazel is a great inflammation reducer and anti-oxidant. It is soft and gentle on the skin and will help reduce oily skin as well. You can use a q-tip or cotton ball to apply on problem spots.
3. Heal a bruise. That shiner will disappear a lot faster if you apply some witch hazel to the bruise daily.
4. Reduce puffy under eyes & redness. If you are lacking sleep you can apply some witch hazel with a cotton ball on to puffy redness or dark under eyes. It will help sooth and will help the swelling go down.
5. Heal diaper rash. For a natural way to heal diaper rash quickly you can apply witch hazel lightly to baby’s diaper rash. It will sooth and heal in no time.
6. Soothe and reduce external hemorrhoids. Witch hazel is amazing for external hemorrhoids it will soothe any pain and it will have you healed up asap. You can apply it by taking a thin cloth and soaking up some witch hazel and gently dab on hemorrhoids.
7. Soothe poison ivy & poison oak. If you have recently brushed up against some poison ivy or poison oak take a cotton ball and wipe on rash area. It will soothe any pain and stop the itching. Keep applying daily until rash is gone.
8. Cracked or blistered skin. If you have dry cracked or blister skin that is sore and painful you can use witch hazel to soften and soothe the pain.
9. Insect bites. Witch Hazel is one of those amazing things you can bring along camping it works great on insect bites. Again it helps soothe any pain, reduce redness or swelling and stops the itch.
10. Varicose Veins. Witch Hazel works well to reduce the appearance of varicose veins. Soak a thin cloth and lay it over your varicose veins.
11. Cleanse & Soothe a Wound. Witch Hazel is a wonderful way of cleansing a cut or scrape. It will soothe and help heal.
12. Refresh Skin. On those hot summer days you can carry a small little spray bottle of Witch Hazel in your bag and when the heat is on take it out and close your eyes and mist over face for a refresh!
13. Stop an itch. If you have an insect bite, rash or chicken pox you can use witch hazel and it will stop the itch and help heal.
14. Ingrown nails. You can use witch hazel to clear up any infection with ingrown nails before removal.
15. For women after giving birth. Witch Hazel is recommended to women to reduce swelling and soothe wounds resulting from childbirth.
I can say that I have used Witch Hazel for all these methods minus for varicose veins or for an ingrown nail. All other things stated here I have successfully used witch hazel for and without a doubt witch hazel is a wonderful natural product I think everyone should have in their home. I use witch hazel in a lot of my DIY Natural beauty and bath items.
You can purchase a bottle of Dickson’s Witch Hazel at your local pharmacy or grocery store for around $3.00.