Weeding – The good old fashioned way works best. Weeding by hand can be tiresome that’s why we always try to keep these tips in mind when it’s time to weed.
- ALWAYS wear garden gloves – it keeps your hands soft, your finger nails from being stained and your less likely to get pricks or cuts.
- Get those babies early! If you pick them before they establish thick roots they will come right out.
- Grab them by the roots so you get the whole weed not just the leaves.
- Take advantage of the rain. – the ground is soft and the weeds won’t put up to much of fight.
- Have kiddo’s? Little ones are always eager to learn and help. I know my kids always want to do what mama’s doing. Let them help but make sure to have some fresh watermelon juice waiting for them afterwards.
- If the jobs to large get it done quickly by hosting a homesteader help party! Have friends and family who also have a homestead come over. You host the refreshments/food and while you visit work off the meal together by pulling all those weeds. Make plans for a rotation and be at the next homesteader help party to offer some helping hands.